The cleaning of kitchen drain pipes regularly prevents the proliferation of cockroaches. It eliminates bad odors, kills germs that are harmful to health, and is fundamental. Also, it prevents the appearance of possible obstructions and complications.
With simple daily use, the pipe network accumulates remains of lime, food residues, and other substances. These elements prevent the flow for which they are intended. They produce unpleasant odors due to stagnation. Finally, the usual jamming, so cleaning pipes is essential for their maintenance.
In the domestic environment, the rush and the number of tasks require our attention at home. Make cleaning pipes so secondary that it is often forgotten until we find the problem. The drain of the shower is blinded, or we have a jam in the kitchen. With simple customs, we can save ourselves annoyances, annoyances and maybe even a lot of money.
Tips for cleaning and keeping the kitchen drain pipe in good condition
- First of all, if you plan to do a home renovation, be sure to ask the plumber that all the visible part of the pipes is removable and easily accessible. This will help you easily recover possible substances or objects. These objects could accidentally obstruct them. Of course, it will facilitate cleaning pipes, at least in part, avoiding that they remain uncleaned.
- Use protections in all the inlets of the pipes, both in the kitchen sink, as in the bathroom fixtures: bidet, shower, and washbasin. The protections allow the passage of water, but not solid waste that can generate a good jam. You will avoid having to clean pipes more constantly. You would end up introducing those residues into the pipe that you try to prevent from being strained with the protector.
- Hair fibers inevitably tend to enter the drain of bathtubs and showers, even protectors. So, for good maintenance, the protection should be lifted at least once a week. Use tweezers such as those used to depilate, remove all the remains of hair that we find, since without cleaning, they will end up clogging the drain.
Steps and customs to improve kitchen drain pipe cleaning
1. Scrub and clean well before pouring
In order not to have to clean pipes. So, before scrubbing pans and pots with traces of grease, oil, flour, or breadcrumbs. We must remove all the excess substance that we can, either by pouring down the toilet whose entrance is more prepared to receive residues.
Either in a jar with a lid that you can later throw away, in the case of fat and oil. Later remove all the remains that you can with paper that you will eliminate in the trash. And finally, scrub with hot water.
2. Maintenance and cleaning of pipes with ammonia
The cold will make the inevitable traces of oil spilled when washing dishes and cutlery solidify more easily when cooling in the pipes. It is advisable to perform maintenance that consists of cleaning pipes with liquid ammonia, pouring one liter, and leaving it on overnight.
In the morning, heat water in a pot and pour it little by little through the mouth of the sink. It is a very inexpensive remedy that, performed two or four times a month, will keep cleaning pipes in good condition.
Ammonia is toxic. Therefore you should try to hold your breath while pouring it or wear a mask. When using ammonia, don’t mix it with any other chemicals because it can be dangerous.
3. Maintenance and cleaning of bathroom pipes with ammonia
When cleaning bathroom pipes, you can use this same solution or pure bleach following the same process. Also, be careful when breathing in the steam from the bleach and the splashes when pouring it, as they cause burns. It is always advisable when cleaning pipes, finish with a good amount of boiling water.
4. Avoid flushing large amounts of paper down the toilet
To maintain the cleanliness of pipes in toilets, it is important not to throw large amounts of paper at one time. Of course, not to think that the toilet accepts all kinds of objects for disposal.
If something accidentally falls inside, you do not have to pull the chain. If you use gloves or tweezers to extract the piece, no matter how badly you are. Otherwise, we expose ourselves to a jamming problem. It can even lead to chipping walls and floors with consequent cost and disruption consequences.
In small blockages, clean pipes and get rid of what obstructs them. It usually works to introduce the usual cleaning brush, pushing several times inwards. Later, when the water level has dropped, with a bucket, pour water at once.
If the jam is greater, it can be tested with strong water, being careful to use gloves and avoid splashing, as it is a product that burns. Leave it to act overnight and in the morning if we see that the stagnant water level has dropped. We will test if the blockage has disappeared by activating the water outlet from the middle of the tank.
5. Find and remove clogs in pipes
Suppose you cannot find out where the clogging has occurred in the pipes to be able to clean pipes. You can also try to open the lid of the symphonic boat. It is a round plate with a screw, which you will find somewhere on the ground. It is the connection to the general drain from inside your house because you may find the solution to your problem.
You will have to clean it by removing all the dirt. Later you can pour boiling water little by little to see if it swallows well and thus rule out a jam. The obstruction in the siphon can give you an idea of the amount of waste that usually leaks from all the sanitary elements. It will be warning you that it is a good time to clean the pipes of the entire sanitary installation.
6. Blockages of pipes in kitchen sinks, lavatory, and shower
Blockages in the kitchen sink, washbasin, and shower are also usually solved at the beginning. It is a tool that removes the source of dirt that has caused the plug, causing it to move and unravel.
Subsequently, it is always advisable to pour plenty of boiling water, to wash away the remaining dirt. To prevent, finish cleaning pipes as we have explained in points two and three. If none of this has worked for you, you have to go to a professional company that provides these services.
If the blockage persists, you will have to remove the part of the kitchen drain pipe that enters the wall. Then, insert a metal guide to eliminate the blockages with movements in and out and to push the dirt that obstructs the pipe down the pipe. Finally, remember to use the system you use to clean pipes, as the saying goes: “it is always better to be safe than sorry.” Avoid problems with new habits, such as trying to maintain the kitchen drain pipes with some assiduity.
You may also like to read 14 tips to keep your kitchen cleanTags: clean, clean pipe, Kitchen, kitchen pipe, pipe
Leave a Reply