The Bang bang shrimp recipe is a known exotic appetizer which is extremely easy to prepare. The best thing about the dish is that it can be prepared within minutes and your taste buds will thank you for the beautiful blend of flavors in the spicy sauce while they savor this delicious starter.
Bang bang shrimp recipe
2 pounds of shrimp (deveined and peeled)
1 cup of cornstarch
1/4th teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar (if you don’t have this ingredient, use either white vinegar or distilled white vinegar)
½ tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce (Use any hot sauce that you like, even Tabasco or red pepper flakes)
Vegetable oil for frying (about 5 cups)
Cooking procedure (Making the batter/dredging and frying shrimp)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl till smooth to get your tempura batter. Note: The baking powder helps to get a light yet crispy texture on the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp to the batter one at a time, making sure that each of them is coated with this thick mixture well (if you like your crunchy tempura batter to be thicker, add some extra cornstarch).
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a heavy bottomed pot or pan and once the oil starts to bubble, deep fry your shrimp till cooked (it takes about 3 minutes for each batch). The shrimp should be golden brown and crispy when done.
- Once all of them are fried well, remove from heat and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Now it’s time to assemble your dish.
- Grab a serving plate and place about six shrimp per plate (you can also cut them in half, they will still look great) before you pour the sauce over these beautiful starters.
Steps to prepare bang bang sauce
- To prepare your sauce, you will simply need to mix all the bang bang sauce ingredients together in a bowl or pot before cooking it on high heat for about 4 minutes stirring constantly. The quantity of ingredients may slightly vary depending on how much sauce you want so feel free to add more/less of anything that is already there in the list.
- After 4 minutes, take it off heat and let it cool for a minute before you pour/dip your shrimp in the sauce.
- You can serve them with some rice or pasta but that’s not really necessary to enjoy this great tasting dish. So go ahead and enjoy your Bang Bang Shrimp recipe!
Bang Bang shrimp recipe is a dish of spicy deep fried prawns with an exotic sauce to top it up. You can serve this as an appetizer or starter at your next dinner party with some salad on the side, steamed rice and vegetables. The preparation time of the dish is not more than thirty minutes . So enjoy!Tags: bang bang shrimp