How to choose a nail file? Today we have to choose a fairly serious tool, despite the ease of application, the right nail file. And all because the quality of our nails directly depends on its quality, such an unpleasant phenomenon as the separation of nails can be the result of using a poor-quality nail file even with the most professional and neatly executed manicure. Everything, the importance is realized, we start to choose!:)
How to choose a nail file?
From the huge assortment of nail files in the store, we need to choose the one and the only one that faithfully and truly will serve your nails. And for this, you need to understand the abrasiveness, understand what form and what material it should be.
The abrasiveness of saws. What is it?
Abrasion is the rigidity of the nail file, measured in special units – grits. Practically on each nail file, you can see the numbers, for example, 80/100, 100/180, 180/240 and others. The less abrasiveness, the file is stiffer, and vice versa, the more abrasiveness, the more the nail file is softer.
If on your nail file you see the numbers: 80/100, this means that on one side in each square centimeter there are 80 fine abrasive particles (grit), and on the other side, in each square centimeter, there are 100 abrasive particles.
To choose the nail file, focusing on abrasiveness:
- ♦ from 80 to 100 units – the file is very rigid, suitable for leveling the surface, shaping, and length of artificial nails;
- ♦ 120-180 units – medium-strength saw blade, suitable for final processing of artificial nails (for shaping and length), and also suitable for very hard natural nails;
- ♦ 240 units – medium file, allows to give length and shape to natural nails;
- ♦ 400 units – soft, allows soft grinding of natural and artificial nails;
- ♦ 900-1200 units and above – for giving a mirror shine, polishing natural and artificial nails.
When choosing a nail file, pay attention to its abrasiveness, the use of a too stiff file leads to microcracks and cracking of the nail plate.
Check This Out: Do You Know How to Wear Glitter?
What form should I choose?
Oval and rectangular files serve for shaping the nails, aligning the nail plate and shortening the length.
A boomerang or banana blade is very convenient for rounding corners and aligning nails around the edges, suitable for artificial nails, for filing gel (acrylic) near the cuticle.
However, this is not an important criterion when choosing a manicure tool. The main thing is that it is convenient to use, and you could use any nail file to give any desired shape to the nail.
What material should I choose from for the nail file?
- the most common option – a file on waterproof paper or polyester film (mylar). Inform, they can be rectangular or oval. They are convenient to use for natural and artificial nails, processing the surface of the nail, shaping and eliminating small irregularities. They are not very durable, but at least 2-3 wet or thermal treatments will withstand.
Tip: for any natural nail experts recommend using nail files, whose abrasiveness is 180/240. But it is better to use a glass nail file after nail filing procedure, which will protect the nail plate from cracking and foliation.
- Glass nail file is ideal for artificial and any natural nails, because it gently affects the nail, without injuring it, protects from brittleness and delamination. Using a glass nail file, you can be sure that your nails will be in perfect condition! They are available with different degrees of abrasiveness, easy to clean, they can be sterilized and boiled. The main thing is not to drop the nail file!
- For the most brittle, dry and damaged nails, wooden nail files are suitable, they are made of cardboard or softwoods, they allow you to control the pressure on the nail and exclude the possibility of injuries when nail filing.
- Diamond (laser) saw is a new kind of tool for the manicure. It is suitable for filing nails (and can work with a saw blade in any direction, it does not exfoliate the nail plate), processing of side rollers and cuticles. Ideal tool for making manicures at home.
- A ceramic nail file is suitable for weak, layered nails, it promotes their healing. By the way, it is very convenient to remove a dry cuticle with a ceramic file.
- Greetings from the last century (excuse me, but it’s true :)) – a metal nail file. Due to its low cost and durability, it has gained wide popularity. But experts strongly do not recommend using such nail files, since they adversely affect the nail plate, injure it, which leads to the foliation of the nails. The best metal blade is suitable for artificial nails.
- A volumetric quadrangular file with a high degree of abrasiveness or buff is used for grinding and mirroring the nails, it makes the nail more smooth and smooth. But polisher use is recommended no more than once or twice a month while doing no more than 4-6 strokes for each nail.
Keep Reading: How To Get Rid Of Dry Skin? Cancel The Dry Law!
So, dear friends, to the nail! 😉 Despite the seriousness of the task, it’s easy to choose a nail file – we choose the best for ourselves!Tags: banana blade, ceramic nail, damaged nails, Easy Instrument, Nail File
Leave a Reply