There is an important difference between friendship and romantic love, but some of the ingredients present in a friendship are also often in love relationships, and vice versa. Hence one decides to examine the relationship between friendship and love of a couple, to know if a couple should also be your best friend …
What are the points in common between a couple and a friendship?
- True friends are those who are by your side over time, and you can count on them.
- In principle, do not lie to your true friends, except to not hurt their feelings or protect some aspects of your privacy.
- You can speak freely of many things with a friend, from respect and argumentation.
- With a friend, you share moments, interests and values.
- Normally, the love you feel for friends makes you try to understand them from their point of view, and that you want what is best for them, sharing their achievements and their difficulties.
All these characteristics are also found in a relationship.
What are the differences between friendship and love?
Although everyone is clear about what it feels like to someone else and can make a difference without a problem if it is a romantic interest or simple friendship, it is not really so easy to differentiate between these two relationships. However, I think the following elements are clear:
- A love relationship is usually exclusive, while you can have several friends at once.
- The intensity of the love feeling is greater in a relationship than in a friendship.
- The intimate relationships, and your requirement, mutual physical attraction, differentiate the relationship of friendship.
- A couple has mostly plans in common, although each respect the space of the other.
- Friendship usually focuses mainly on moments of fun, while the relationship couples cover practically every moment of the day.
- Generally, friendships are made in the long run, with an involuntary selection process. People go from simple acquaintances to increasingly important friends as they share more moments. Couples are usually based on an initial attraction, which in a short time brings much closer to the two people, even when practically nothing is known.
Couple-best-friend Should your partner be your best friend?
In my opinion, it is fundamental that between the two people that make up a couple there is a very strong friendship. I have never liked the term “best friend”, because I do not think that they can compare to people and even less the quality of the relationship with these people, however, it seems to me logical that by proximity and knowledge, in the long run, the couple To become the most important friendship of a person.
I especially emphasize one of the points I mentioned before and that differentiates friends from couples: fun. I think one mistake of many couples is to forget about this fundamental aspect of a friendly relationship. Routine and day-to-day duties can take up a lot of the time in common, but fun is something that can never be missed. Can you imagine having friends with whom you never stay to do something entertaining? They would not be real friends. The same happens with the couple, you have to take care of the relationship with a good dose of fun.
Check This Out: Exercise Routine to Improve Sexual Relations
But beware. Your partner should not be your only friend. You need to have other people around you, who will enrich you with the diversity of their personalities.
And of course, your partner is more than a friendship. If the fun is important, the spicy, the passion, the attraction are also a lot, evidently.
Can a friendship become a couple?
There are many examples of friends who ended up falling in love. It is not the usual, because normally once a friendly relationship is established, the other person’s sexual component is not perceived, in a way a little similar to what happens between people in the same family. But the friendship can become so strong that the two individuals take the step. It is usually when there is a lot of complicities, many interests and goals are shared, and there is a lot of confidence.
So the answer is yes, and it is a type of love relationship that has many advantages since both people know each other very well and do not encounter the difficulties others have when they open their eyes after falling in love.
However, if you are reading this article because you like a friend or a friend, you also have to be sincere: it is rare that this interest is mutual. If you have known each other for a long time and the other person has not let you see anything of attraction, then most likely you are not interested. Because when two people want the same thing and spend a lot of time together, something happens naturally.Tags: Best Friend, couple, friendship, Partner