Having the kitchen in order is important, and thanks to our accessories for kitchen and pantry cabinets, it is even easier. But in addition to having the kitchen in order, it is equally important to always keep it sparkling. To help you in this complicated task, today we bring you 14 tips to clean the kitchen and keep it always sparkling.
1. Establish a cleaning plan. There are cleaning tasks that we must do after each meal, but in some cases, it is convenient to set a monthly cleaning plan to ensure that the kitchen is always clean, without leaving aspects such as the inside of the refrigerator, or the dust on the top of the refrigerator. the closets.
2. When you’re done cooking, fill the pans with water and a drop of detergent to make cleaning easier.
3. Ventilate. Ventilation is essential to have the kitchen always fresh and clean. Every morning, ten minutes. And while cooking, or after cooking, it is also convenient to leave the window open for a little while to eliminate odors.
4. Cloths and scourers always clean. These elements are a nest of bacteria that we are not aware of. Spreading them on the surfaces that you clean without you noticing. That is why it is important to always keep them clean. Washing them in the washing machine or in the dishwasher and letting them dry in the sun if possible.
5. Scent the kitchen with plants. Instead of using chemical air fresheners, you can use plants such as thyme, rosemary, washing, or eucalyptus to decorate the kitchen. Preparing natural air fresheners, bags, or having the plants themselves in the kitchen.
6. If you don’t want to use chemicals to clean, you can use vinegar as a detergent. Mix equal parts vinegar with water in a spray bottle, clean, then pat dry.
7. Watch out for drains. The pipes are one of the most sensitive places in the kitchen. In addition to smelling, drains can become clogged due to food debris. To clean them, an excellent solution is to pour a little salt and yeast in equal parts every few days. Let it rests for a few minutes and add boiling water.
8. There is nothing more disgusting than an old garbage can full of debris. For this reason, it is important to subject them to an exhaustive cleaning every so often. And also to have the garbage cans that best suit our kitchen to help us with recycling tasks.
9. Clean the inside of cabinets, pantry columns, or wine racks. Dust, flours, sugars, noodles always accumulate inside them… Food that falls out of their containers and that can attract insects. Once a month, you should empty the cabinets. Taking out everything you keep in them to clean them with a cloth dampened with a little detergent. Remember to dry the inside of the cabinets well before putting the food that you keep in them again.
10.The ceramic hob is another hot spot in the kitchen. Remember that the vitro must always be cleaned cold and after each use to avoid incrustations of food that will be more difficult to clean later. In cases where you have spilled milk, sugar or the plastic of any container has burned, you should remove the remains quickly with a scraper before it cools.
11. The extractor fan is one of the kitchen items that perhaps receives less attention. Despite the importance of keeping them clean. On the one hand, if the extractor hood is dirty, it will not do its job of extracting fumes well. On the other hand, the excess fat accumulated in the hood can even cause a fire. Try to clean it once a week, passing a degreasing cloth through the hood to remove the grease. Also cleaning the filter grids with a good anti-grease, or even putting them in the dishwasher.
12. Eliminate grease and dust from the highest parts of the kitchen. Fat tends to settle in the highest parts of the kitchen. Therefore, it is important to frequently clean the lamps with a glass cleaner. Regarding the attics of the cabinets. And to facilitate their maintenance, you can line them with newspaper or with rolls of insulating paper so that from time to time you can throw them away. With the dust and fat that have been deposited in them, and replace them with new ones.
13. Clean the countertop whenever it has had contact with raw food. Especially eggs, chicken, meat, or fish, to avoid unpleasant infections.
14. The joints of the tiles, the challenge of many kitchens. Fat and the passage of time usually end up darkening the joints producing an unpleasant visual effect. To fix this, you can clean the joints with hot water and a degreaser using an abrasive pad. Taking care not to damage the tiles. You can then apply a joint renovator by applying the caulk and filling carefully, removing the excess before it dries.
What do you think of these tips to clean the kitchen? Do you have any more in mind that you want to add?
Tags: 14 tips to keep your kitchen clean, kitchen clean