Although having an advertising campaign is more expensive than opting for a PR plan, it is important that you know that the second option depends on being successful. You should not leave it in the background as the growth of your company should be projected with customers, potential customers and collaborators.
The method proposed by Dr. Edward Bernays (world public relations pioneer) is based on eight fundamental stages:
• Define each of the objectives
• Adapt goals to develop achievable goals
• Investigate the audience we are going to address
• Establish a strategy to follow
• Create and develop a message
• Schedule the actions and type of organization needed to carry them out
• Specify a tactical plan and determine times
• Develop tactics adapted to the moment
In addition to these points it is essential that you add the following:
Listen attentively to all comments, both negative and positive. Advertising by word of mouth is one of the most effective resources.
Look for events, conferences or fairs related to the turn of your business, in addition to having presence you must be informed of the latest trends.
From e-mailing to a blog or giving content on social networks, try to be present and gradually generate the image you want to project.
No to saturation
Avoid changing image also is important that if your strategy have included a campaign of e-mailing , make a plan to avoid overload postal and damage your image in the long run.