Cleaning the bong is not as pleasant as smoking it, but it is essential.
It is essential because a dirty bong spoils the smoke, indeed, there is nothing that can ruin the smoke of a dirty bong more.
The procedure is quite simple and the advantages deriving from cleaning are worth the “fatigue”. Our advice is to proceed with washing the bong whenever you use it or almost.
In addition to the fact that smoking a clean bong increases the pleasure of smoking, it should be emphasized that the more often you will take care of your bongs and the less effort you will make each time.
Now let’s see what are the basic cleaning steps …
- We start by removing the bong in all its parts. We need to clean each removable piece. The pieces that will have to be cleaned more carefully are the ampoule and the mouthpiece (if there is one).
- The second step is to rinse the bong with hot water. The water must be warm, not warm. Obviously hot at a bearable temperature, we don’t want you to get burned
- After rinsing the bong, take some table salt or, alternatively, some baking soda, and pour it into the ampoule. Keep in mind that for an average bong it takes about 70 to 100 grams.
- Take a detergent and pour it into the ampoule. Attention: do not use generic household cleaning products. As an alternative to detergent, you can use the alcohol or vinegar.
- After mixing the detergent or vinegar with the salt or baking soda, shake the ampule well for 4-5 minutes.
- After shaking the ampoule for 4-5 minutes, empty the solution into the sink and rinse the bong.
The procedure must be repeated two to three times, at least.
Some parts of the bong are difficult to reach, most of the time due to the shapes themselves. Don’t worry: there are several accessories on the market that come to your aid.
What is the difference between the acrylic bong and the glass bong?
The acrylic bong is less delicate than the glass bong for obvious reasons of material composition.
Acrylic (a particular type of plastic) tends to retain more odors and favors the rise of brown patinas. This is why our advice is to wash it every time you use it.
The glass bong is more delicate but easier to wash, it practically does not retain the smell and if you use ice it keeps the low temperature in the tank much more. In contrast, the acrylic bong tends to give up temperature in less time.
Basically if you use the bong with a certain frequency we recommend the glass bong, while if you use the bong with friends on Saturday night we recommend the acrylic bong.