Do you often notice that at certain moments it becomes stuffiness in your apartment, and as if there is nothing to breathe?! Especially it is felt in the autumn-winter period when the windows and doors are tightly closed.
The reason lies in the fact that modern plastic windows and balconies are highly hermetic, do not let street noise and dirt, but at the same time, practically do not let fresh air pass. Because of this, the apartment very quickly appears humidity and increases the concentration of carbon dioxide.
Why does the apartment get stuffy?
The stuffiness in the apartment is due to three main factors:
- High humidity;
- Increased concentration of carbon dioxide.
Often at home, we get hot and stuffy, we feel the high humidity, but the air conditioner only lowers the air temperature but does not make it fresh. And what to do if it is very hot in the apartment in the winter, and plus to this stuffiness? One need only know one thing in this case: this concentration of ‘bad’ air affects the microclimate, and we need to look for ways to get rid of this phenomenon, and not from the heat. The only optimal solution in this situation is to establish a ventilation system in the apartment. Why in the apartment ventilation and what functions it performs read in our article.
Consequences of stuffiness and high content of CO2 for the human body
When people are briefly located (2-3 hours) in a room with a concentration of CO2 above 1464 mg / m3, the following symptoms appear:
- a headache;
- fatigue, apathy;
- poor sleep;
- Irritation of the eyes and respiratory tract.
For a long-term stay of a person (from several hours to several years) in a room where the level of carbon dioxide above 1464 mg / m3 occurs:
- allergic reactions;
- a general decrease in immunity;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- Blood diseases, etc.
The accumulation of carbon dioxide in the morning with closed windows in the bedroom, the CO2 level can reach 2196 mg / m3.
So, in most indoor areas, high humidity, heat and a high level of carbon dioxide make the microclimate unfit for a human stay, and, unfortunately, the air conditioner or floor fan does not improve the quality of air, but only cool it.
Check This Out: The Importance of Painting in Decoration
How to get rid of the stuffiness in the room, in the apartment?
- Reduce the temperature of the air in the room, as mentioned earlier; you can use an air conditioner or a floor fan. This equipment will immediately feel cool, but that the first that the second unit recycles only the air that is in the room, the air in which the content of CO2 is increased.
Accordingly, using a fan or air conditioner, you eliminate only 1 factor, contributing to stuffiness – the heat, and contaminated, stale air continues to circulate through the apartment.
* The best way, when using a floor fan, is to keep the windows and balcony open so that the dirty, moist air is drawn out of the room naturally. Of course, such a fan can cope with a very small amount of air masses, and the use of this option of eliminating stuffiness is not enough, because fresh air with the necessary temperature in the room will go rather poorly.
- in order for the ventilation in the room to proceed correctly, and you did not worry about whether all the stuffiness factors (moisture, excess CO2, high air temperature, fresh enough cleaned air came into the apartment) were eliminated – install the intake and exhaust ventilation.
The system of supply and exhaust ventilation is a specially developed equipment that allows you to enjoy all the advantages of plastic windows (no noise, dust, dirt) and at the same time organizes a normal air exchange between the environment inside the apartment and the outside environment.
The supply and exhaust system consists of two built-in fans that operate on the inflow and exhaust: one fan takes air from the outside environment, the second draws the exhaust air from the apartment. A fresh air system passes through its filter system, that is, cleans and delivers to the room. In this case, most air handling units have air heating/cooling functions or the ability to add these functions. In the end, we can say that with such an installation, we kill all the causes at once, because carbon dioxide is replaced by oxygen, the room is conditioned, and humidity leaves together with other masses through the extractor.
- Natural ventilation. Open windows and windows, so that fresh air enters the room to replace the waste. BUT, do not forget that through the open windows, dust, and dirt, heat and moisture get to you in the apartment. Also, be careful with the draft, since the respiratory illnesses are the first friends of a draft.
- At a high temperature in an apartment, windows and a loggia can be hung with wet sheets, or sprayed with water into the air. It is important not to overdo it, otherwise, the air humidity level will be too high for normal functioning of the organism and, at some point, in the room can become unbearably stuffy.
- Use a sunscreen or foil to hang windows, with their help, the sun’s rays will reflect off the surface of the foil and prevent heat from entering the room
- It is also possible to install exhaust fans in the kitchen, bathroom, and toilet. Thus, hot air from under the ceiling will be pulled out.
Equipment that is designed to fight with stuffiness
In one way or another, practically all of the above ways of controlling stuffiness have their pros and cons, of course, it is best to use specially designed equipment for this purpose – the system of supply and exhaust ventilation, to fight contaminated, stuffy air. Installation of such a system allows you not to be afraid of dusty apartments, drafts, high level of CO2, do not worry about your health and the health of your household.
Keep Reading: http://linkfeel.com/quickly-wash-floor-whole-house/Tags: high content of CO2, House and Home, stuffiness