1. The best time to plant falls. Spring too, but for species sensitive to cold.
2. Success in tree planting is digging a large hole and fertilizing the soil.
3. Watch out for puddles, it provides good drainage.
4. Don’t over water by wetting the flowers.
5. If you want to increase the size of the flowers, cut the side flower buds leaving only one button per bud.
6. The most beneficial watering is the one done at sunset.
8. Spread a layer of gravel around your plants to keep the soil moister and space out waterings.
10.To make the blooms last longer, cut the flowers that are wilting in your beds, thus the flowering is lengthened and the aesthetics improve.
11. If you have containers outside, protect them so that the night frosts do not crack them. Cork or bubble wrap will protect them in winter.
12. Tools much used in autumn: hedge trimmer, garden shredder (to make compost),blower-vacuum cleaner (to remove leaves and debris in the garden), and scarifier (to scarify the lawn once in spring and once in autumn).
13. If there are many weeds, cover the ground with black plastic and put pine bark on it.
14. If the grass does not drain, perform aeration and scarification. In all lawns, it is always highly recommended operations to do them twice a year, spring and autumn.
15. If the leaves have spots, they could be fungi: apply an appropriate fungicide.
16. If you see snails or slugs, use boiled lettuce baits or beer traps. There are also anti-limacus products.
18. If the geraniums are old, prune them almost to the ground, they will rebound.
19. If your bulbs do not give flowers, take them out and plant new ones, because they have been exhausted.
20. The moss on lawns may be due to two causes:
a) There is excess humidity due to caked soil or excessive shade. It is prevented by aerating and scarifying the soil.
b) The soil is poor in mineral nutrients (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, etc.) In this case, it provides mineral fertilizers.
If you have to destroy the mossthere are herbicides for moss on the market. After a few days, the moss dries up and is removed well with a rake, or you pass the scarifying machine that scratches the ground. Overseed grass in that area. Lastly, apply nitrogen fertilizer.Tags: 20 Easy gardening Tips for beginners